Public memory and public history; the famine of 1945 in northern Vietnam as experience and memory; telling lives: biography and autobiography.
- "Remembered Realms: Pierre Nora and French National Memory"
in The American Historical Review
- The Country of Memory:Remaking the Past in Late Socialist Vietnam (2001)
- "Representing the Past in Vietnamese Museums"
in Curator (1998)
- "Monumental Ambiguity: the State Commemoration of Ho Chi Minh" in Essays into Vietnamese Pasts (1995)
- Radicalism and the Origins of the Vietnamese Revolution (1992)
- Millenarianism and Peasant Politics in Vietnam (1983)
Hue-Tam Ho Tai
Position: Kenneth T. Young Professor of Sino-vietnamese History
Field: East Asia
Specialty: Social and cultural history of modern Vietnam
- History 1619: Premodern Vietnam
Center for Government and International Studies-South Building
1730 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Office Hours: Wednesdays 2-4pm or by appointment