Join the Harvard GSAS Science Policy Group and the Harvard Office of Career Services for a panel full of experts in science policy. Each panelist will share their experience transitioning from a science PhD to alternative careers, how they successfully obtained competitive science policy fellowships, and their experiences in Washington, D.C. We will have a moderator ask a few opening questions to the panel of former AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellows and White House Fellow, then we will open it up for Q&A with the audience.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 8, 4pm-5pm with a networking event to follow
WHERE: Boylston Hall 110, Fong Auditorium, Harvard Cambridge Campus
We will have a great panel of diverse scientists, including:
- Zofia Gadjos, PhD – Project Lead at HarvardX & Former AAAS Fellow at NIH
- Xu Simon, PhD – Executive VP of R&D at Fluid-Screen & Former AAAS Fellow at the State Department
- Asa Hopkins, PhD – Principle Associate at Synapse Energy Economics & Former AAAS Fellow at Department of Energy
- Nathaniel Hafer, PhD – Director at UMass Center for Clinical & Translational Science & Former AAAS Fellow at NIH
- Anjali Tripathi – PhD Candidate in Department of Astronomy at Harvard University & Former White House Fellow at U.S. Department of Agriculture
Food and drinks will be served at the networking event, starting at 5pm!
Everyone is welcome! RSVP here!