Office Hours: Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:00pm. Please use this Zoom location for my online office hours.
Renaissance intellectual history. Main research interests are the history of Renaissance political thought, history of philosophy, and history of the classical tradition. Founder and General Editor of the I Tatti Renaissance Library (Harvard University Press) and Associate Editor of the Catalogus Translationum and Commentariorum (Union Academique Internationale). Currently finishing a monograph entitled, The Virtue Politics of the Italian Humanists.
(links to more publications available on DASH)
- The Rebirth of Platonic Theology, ed. James Hankins and Fabrizio Meroi (Florence: Olschki, 2013)
- The Cambridge Companion to Renaissance Philosophy (editor) Cambridge University Press (2007)
- Humanism and Platonism in the Italian Renaissance, 2 vols. Rome: Edizioni di storia e letteratura (2003-2004)
- Marsilio Ficino: Platonic Theology, 6 vols. (editor) Harvard University Press (2001-2006)
- Leonardo Bruni: History of Florence, 3 vols. (editor and translator) Harvard University Press (2001-2007)
- Renaissance Civic Humanism: Reappraisals and Reflections (editor) Cambridge University Press
- Plato in the Italian Renaissance, 2 vols. Brill (1990)
- The Recovery of Ancient Philosophy in the Renaissance: A Brief Guide (with Ada Palmer) Florence: Istituto Nazionale di Studi sul Rinascimento (2007)
35 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138