Free and open to the public
*A newly created collaboration between the Harvard Music Department and the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies (DRCLAS), the GLAM (Group for Latin American Musics) Concert Series is designed around the promotion of Latin American music on the Harvard campus and broader Boston community through an annual concert and associated master class. GLAM is an initiative of Harvard’s Music Department graduate students Daniel Walden, Julio Zúñiga, and Felipe Ledesma Núñez, under the mentorship of Carol Oja, William Powell Mason Professor of Music.
- Julio Estrada — Canto tejido, for piano (1974)
- Juan Campoverde Q. — Los lugares del deseo, for soprano, flute, clarinet, and harpsichord (2017)
- Pablo Chin, Three Burials, for flute and video
- Julio Estrada — Yuunohui'Tlapoa'Ehecatl, for clarinet and piano(1999)
- Valeria Jonard – Lamentos y reflejos, for two voices and Tibetan bowls
- Pablo Chin — 7 Voice Studies on Chapter 34, for soprano and electronics (2015)
- Julio Estrada — Yuunohui’Ehecatl, for flute (1999)
Masterclass with Fonema and Julio Estrada:
September 19, 2017, 4:00pm. Location TBD.
If interested in attending, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about fonema Consor here: https://drclas.harvard.edu/event/glam-concert?delta=0