Open to Students only.
Explore career options beyond academia and learn how to leverage your PhD. Please register through Crimson Careers.
Nuts and Bolts: Landing a Job in this Economy.
Curious how recent PhD graduates found their jobs? Come hear from recent GSAS graduates who have successfully landed a job.
• Suhare Adam, PhD candidate ’16, Applied Physics- Boston Consulting Group
• Kevin Axelrod, PhD '16, Biophysics- Associate, McKinsey and Company
• Christopher Gilbert, PhD Candidate ’16, History- Acting Assistant Dean for Harvard College, Dudley House
Alumni Panel on Leveraging the PhD.
Alumni will discuss their own career decision making, how they adapted to jobs outside academe, and how the skills and knowledge they developed during their graduate programs influenced their success.
• Melissa Adams, PhD ’14, Biology- Technology Specialist, Clark & Elbing LLP law firm
• Will Adams, PhD ’13, Engineering Sciences- Chief Scientific Officer and Founder, Riparian Pharmaceuticals
• Carrie A Endries, PhD ’05, History- Senior Portfolio Manager and Director of Social Investments, • Reynders, McVeigh Capital Management
• Jonthan Foster, PhD ’09, Astronomy- Director of Quantitative Research, Legendary Entertainment
• James Jumper, PhD ’13, Hebrew Bible, Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations- client services manager, Power Advocate
• Timothy McGrath, ’13 American Studies- Digital Editor, Public Radio International (PRI)
• Latif Nasser, ’14, History of Science, Director of Research, Radio Lab
• Lianna Orlando, PhD ’01, Neurobiology- Scientific Program Officer, Muscular Dystrophy Association
• Harrison Prentice-Mott, '14 Applied Physics- Life Sciences Strategy Analyst, Huron Consulting Group
Speak with alumni and Harvard affiliates about their specific jobs and career paths.
This event is co-sponsored by the FAS Office of Career Services and the GSAS Office of Alumni Relations. Please register through Crimson Careers.