Professor Higonnet has written on 17th-century French painting, 18th-century French diplomacy, 19th-century French deputies and immigrants, 20th-century municipal officers, and Vich.
He is the chair of the study group on Culture and Politics.
- La gloire et l'echafaud: Vie et destin de l'architecte de Marie-Antoinette (2011)
- Goodness Beyond Virtue: Jacobins during the French Revolution (1998)
- Fortune co-edited with David Landes and Henry Rosovky (1991)
- Sister Republics: the Origins of French and American Republicanism (1988)
- Class, Ideology, and the Rights of Nobles during the French Revolution (1981)
- Pont-de-Montvert: Social Structure and Politics in a French Village , 1700-1914 (1971)
27 Kirkland Street
Cambridge, MA 02138